The Month Of Ramadan Karim


Oh Ramadan, How I Already Miss You!

I miss getting out of bed at three in the morning for Sehri (pre-dawn meal) groggy-eyed and hardly lucid, but nevertheless determined to eat as much as I could before the sun rose. I miss the way I sighed with relief when I returned to bed, knowing that I still had a few precious hours of sleep left before the day started in earnest. I miss how I used to spend the entire day in a semi-hibernation condition, only emerging from my cosy cocoon of pillows and blankets for Iftari. I overindulged on rissole and fritters despite my tummy grumbling after each bite and refusing to stop. Ramadan, although you required sacrifice and self-control, you were also a time for celebration and camaraderie. I'm eager to meet you again the following year.

It's time to celebrate the conclusion of Ramadan & the spiritual development and introspection it brought as Eid al-Fitr draws near. Even though the month-long fast is finished, it's normal to miss the moments spent with loved ones and the deeper spirituality that come with Ramadan. However, even as we say goodbye to this glorious month, we can keep the lessons of Ramadan with us and keep working towards inner tranquilly & contentment. Let us treasure our memories of Ramadan and allow its lessons to motivate us to live fulfilling lives.

Personal Insights Of:

Syed Azam Ali Shah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love's Strength: A Powerful Force for Good

Tickled by Time: Adventures of a Chuckling Universe

Short Introduction of Sociology by Azam Shah