AN ARTICLE ON ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF SOCIAL MEDIA

 I am not here to criticize social media but I will just show you advantages and disadvantages of social media. My point of view may differs from your point of view as you know that everyone has their own perspective to see things from different angles and people have right to share their point of view. Infact many of you may criticize me. I am young enough to take your criticism.

See, social media is getting popular regularly amongst the youth due to its user-friendly features. Ofcourse I am pointing towards social media platforms like, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and many others etc. These social media platforms are created to facilitate people and to give a chance to people to stay connected with their beloved ones, and that is advantage number one. Secondly, I would like to mention that it also helps us to stay up-to-date from whatever is happening currently in the world. Third advantage of social media is that it can be used as a tool for spreading awareness regarding certain things. Many people use it as a tool for spreading information and knowledge by creating informative videos on YouTube. The fourth one advantage of social media in my point of view is that, it can be also used as a tool for online buissness and marketing. You can buy and sell various products through social media. I am not saying that I am the most intelligent, wise or intellectual, infact I would say that I had been one of the non-serious student back in my college life and honestly speaking I've passed my F.sc in Pre-engineering with 584 marks, indicating that I was one the non-serious student. But, I am a Bibliophile (the one who loves reading or collecting books) and I consider this bibliophilic sense as natural. I think it is God gifted or natural, your point of view may differs from my one. So, what I am actually trying to tell you is that I am a bibliophile and last week I was willing to purchase a book named "YOU CAN WIN" that is written by "Shiv Khera" an Indian writer. Believe me I searched for this book at various libraries in Peshawar as well as Charsadda but was failed to get it. But one day I was sitting in my bedroom and was busy scrolling my social media timeline, and I randomly found a page of online books selling/purchasing. I just simply go through it and texted the admin by telling him that I want to purchase a book of Shiv Khera, can your platform provide me this book or not?.....then after few moments he replied me that surely we can provide you this book, kindly share your address and contact information with us and then after going through the whole process, I finally got that book at my door step after two days. This is the biggest advantage of social media; you can fulfill your requirements through social media. In simple words I would say that everything is at your finger-tips and the whole world is just a click away from you.

But, all this makes you wonder that something very powerful with a massive reach can not be all good. Like how there are two sides to the coins, the same goes for social media. It has many advantages but it also has many disadvantages. 

Social media, nowadays is used as a tool for spreading fake news and believe me; that fake news is enough to pollute the timeline of peace loving citizens and youth like you and me. Secondly, it is also used in scamming people. Many innocent people got scammed by scammers through social media. Thirdly, social media invades your privacy. It is also used in cyber bullying, communal-hatred and many other negative things by negative people. These are some of the key disadvantages of social media in my perspective. Some people are addicted to social media and they can't live without its usage, especially nowadays our youth. Students nowadays are not paying attention to their studies and are always busy using social media that is what we say "social media addiction" which cause several mental diseases as well as physical. Excess use of anything can harm you. Although at the end it comes back to the user, meaning that how s/he is using social media.

My advice to students like me is that you should divide your day into 4 parts. You should make a timetable and place it on a notice board in your room. You should do everything in a proper way. Spending your whole day on social media will harm you. You should give time to your physical performance, academic performance and to your prayers also, after all if you want to use social media, you can use. In this manner you will be considered as one the most disciplined one. 

Personal Insights of Syed Azam Ali Shah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love's Strength: A Powerful Force for Good

Tickled by Time: Adventures of a Chuckling Universe

Short Introduction of Sociology by Azam Shah