DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD & BAD, AN ARTICLE WRITTEN BY AZAM SHAH

 What is GOOD & BAD?


A sixteen years old cousin of mine asked me a question that tell me "What is Good and Bad"?...........as it was a difficult question for me to answer and for a moment I was just like blank brain, but than I found the answer to the question. I replied her that "Anything which brings us closer to the ultimate purpose of life is Good and anything that takes us away from the ultimate purpose of life is Bad".

Although I was thinking that I've answered her briefly and she must have got the answer..... But it was not like this as suddenly she asked me another question. She asked me that "What is our ultimate purpose of life"?...... again after hearing her question I was blank brain for a minute but than I replied her briefly. I answered her that "In a relative sense, for those whose goal is this material world, worldly things like gaining wealth, status, fame or property is necessarily "bad" because it takes us away from the God's love as these things are just supposed to support us not to carry us. There is only one hand-hold that never breaks. There is only one place where we can lay our dependencies and that place is Allah. For those of the second worldview, anything that brings us closer to our purpose of nearness to God's love is "good" and anything that takes us away from that purpose is bad.

Therefore, winning a billion dollars may be the greatest calamity ever to happen to me if it takes me away from God ----- my ultimate purpose. 

On the other hand, losing my job, all my wealth, and even falling ill, may in fact be the greatest blessing ever given to me if it brings me closer to Allah ----- my ultimate purpose. This is how I differentiate in between "Good" and "Bad".


Personal Insights of Azam Shah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love's Strength: A Powerful Force for Good

Tickled by Time: Adventures of a Chuckling Universe

Short Introduction of Sociology by Azam Shah